Thursday, March 2, 2017

A Teachable Moment.....

3/2/2017
            It has now been officially one week since I was told I would be listed. It’s been nice. I honestly do not have the right word to describe it. Ok, maybe overwhelming. But still nice. I’ve noticed that every night when I sit down ot stick myself, I find myself wondering how many more times will this be now that I know this will a process with a finite number. Somehow that makes the sting seem a little easier.
            Had a funny moment in class yesterday during my Am Lit. Voshawn came up and asked how I was feeling.
            “I’m fine, Thank you for asking but where is this coming from. Very out of the blue.” I responded.
            Oh, well, Voshawn stumbling over his words in a very surprised manner. ”I thought you got a kidney over the weekend. I wanted to make sure you were ok.”
            Aww, man, thanks, I smiled and I said to him. “That is really cool you’d ask but it doesn’t quite work like that. I then proceeded to explain the process in a very quick manner which would keep a 17 yr old’s attention.
A couple of other kids began to listen because it was getting them out of doing vocabulary work. Suddenly the back part of the classroom became an infomercial on Kidney transplant. Not on the lesson plans but I guess we’re ok.
I don’t blame them for the questions and it has never bothered me. Frankly, I keep wondering if there is some way to tie in informing folks on this in a non-preachy, boring manner and where I could profit form writing. I guess that is one of the reasons I’ve started writing daily about all this. Maybe this will be my rough draft for something good.

#Fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment