Friday, May 18, 2012

Let Me Explain.....

            Every now and then I am reminded about that whole men are from Mars, women Venus thing. My last blog brought kicked that notion back at me. I had thought that I written a sweet exposition about my feelings towards Kim. It would appear tht this did not come across as I intended. From some of the questions I have gotten, it may not have come across like I had thought. Rule of thumb; never write a blog before bedtime.

            It’s important to stress that I am very excited about being married and also very at peace with the notion. I am in no way nervous but rather, having a peaceful anticipatory feeling because I know it’s going to be a fun day. I can tell it’s going to feel odd to refer to Kim as my wife but I look forward to it.  Even though we’ve been together for a while, I think Kim and both maintain a certain level of independence. When I say odd, it’s not a bad odd but rather just not something I have done a lot and will take a few times to get used to. It’s going to be a long time before I could just refer to Kim as my wife in a casual sense but I look forward to it because this will mean we have moved on to the next stage together. It means we have even more history and experiences behind us. Kim is many things to me but most of all, I just love being around her.

I also want to stress that when I said we have problems, it was not meant in a serious way. I merely meant that we have a great relationship but like other couples, we also have the occasional relationship problem. The cool thing about Kim is that when we argue (which isn’t very often) there is usually a good reason unlike my experience with Satan’s step-daughter.
      Originally I was going to make the joke that our main problem is that Kim is too beautiful and I am too unselfish in bed. I refrained from that because I usually avoid joking about us in that manner because I am not sure if that crosses an unspoken line.

            So in summation, everything is completely awesome. I guess I just need to chalk this up to a lesson regarding points of view. And the view is pretty darn good at the moment  

No comments:

Post a Comment